{Pages}

About Me     fashion     beauty     lifestyle

7 Aug 2015

Fitness Friday: Total Warrior

 




So I only went and bloody did it! Total warrior has been and gone and I thought I'd fill you in on how I found the whole experience.
 
Basically it was harder than I thought. I don't know why but I really didn't expect so many hills, the very first part of the course consisted of running up and down two very steep hills and it through me,  I had to slow right down for these parts. The rest of the course was quite hilly too. I probably should have expected this to be honest and it's my own silly fault for not realising before. If I'd of thought I would have definitely trained for this.
The obstacles really varied in difficulty but there was definitely something to test everyone. I personally struggled with the climbing walls which I expected as I don't have a lot of upper body strength, it's something I'm working on. I ended up doing Total warrior by myself so often had to rely on strangers giving me a boost on some of these. Everyone was so kind and more than happy to help but it made me wish I was part of a team as it would have been much easier to get through the tougher obstacles faster. My personal favourite was the slide, it was amazing! You just throw yourself down a massive plastic sheet covered in soapy water and go flying until you land in the mud. Speaking of mud, there's a lot of it and it will get every where (use your imagination). It didn't always smell like just mud either but it's probably best if we don't think about that.
 
Half way round the course I decided that I wouldn't do it again but now that I've had time to forget about the difficult parts I think I would. (I've heard that's what child births like) I would definitely get myself more organised next time round and make sure I had a decent sized team, I also think team training would be great too. On that note I definitely needed to train more and do more specific things. Because of all the steep hills and mud, running became almost impossible and I really should have focused more on my strength and stamina instead.
 
All in all it was a great day and I feel really pleased with myself for getting through it. The staff were amazing from start to finish and the whole thing was organised brilliantly. There were photographers all along the course but sadly they were only three very bad ones of me which I didn't think were worth paying for (hence my angry warrior face pictures). Of course this means that I now have something else ticked off my New year's resolutions list, wahoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment