{Pages}

About Me     fashion     beauty     lifestyle

6 Mar 2015

How to clean your make up brushes


Hello!!
 
Lately I'd noticed a lot of my makeup brushes were starting to look a bit grim. It's something I'm really bad at keeping on top of even though I know how important it is to prevent all kinds of nasty germs from sitting on them. While browsing the aisles of Boots the other day I noticed the No7 make up brush cleanser and thought I'd try it. Consider this a how to/first impressions post rolled in to one.
 

 
The No7 Brush cleanser is described as a spot cleanser for in between deep cleanses, I chose to ignore that and used it as a deep cleanse any way. I started by wetting the brush with warm water and then massaged some of the product in. I then swirled the brush around on an old flannel and then just repeat this a couple of times until each brush was completely clean. I found that I only needed a little bit of product per brush and either they weren't as dirty as I first thought or it's really very good because they were all squeaky clean in no time!
 

It's important to dry the stems of the brushes after washing them or they'll start to rust. I like to lie them out so the heads are balancing off the edge of something, this helps them keep there shape while they dry. I always hate waiting for them to dry because I end up doing my whole collection in one go so I have no brushes for a day, why must they take so long to dry?! They always feel so much nicer after a good cleanse though and it's so much kinder to the skin.
 
I hope some of you found this helpful! I realise today was supposed to be a Fitness Friday post. They might not be as regular as I first thought (hangs head in shame) but I'll try as hard as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment