{Pages}

About Me     fashion     beauty     lifestyle

30 Jun 2015

My attempt at strobing


 
 
 
 
So lately I've been hearing a lot of people talking about strobing, it makes me think of some kind of rave but basically it's a form of highlighting. I am more than interested in anything that can make my sad cheek bones stand out a bit and I do love glowy skin so I thought I'd give it a go.
 
I started with the Elemis pro-radiance illuminating flash balm. This is the limited edition version, they donate some of the proceeds to breast cancer which is amazing, plus the packaging is just gorgeous. This is both a moisturiser and primer but gives the most gorgeous, dewy sheen to the skin that I thought would be perfect for today's look.
 

I then used Benefit's high beam on all the high points of my face, I actually used quite a lot of this as I wanted it to really show through my foundation. I applied my Rimmel match perfection foundation over the top of this. I applied this very lightly using a stippling brush being very careful not to rub the highlighter off.
 
 
 


After I applied my foundation I went over the top of the highlighted areas with the Loreal lumi magique pen. I then carried on with my normal makeup. I don't think it's showing up amazingly in the pictures but it real life it's a look I quite like. I would definitely reccomend the Elemis flash balm as an illuminating primer too, my makeup seemed to go on really well after using it.
 
I hope you enjoyed today's post, keep checking back for more. I have to say I apoligise for having simply terrible hair in these pictures, let's all pretend it's much better....thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment