{Pages}

About Me     fashion     beauty     lifestyle

15 Nov 2015

5 things to do in Bangkok


I am currently on my travels, I've definitely mentioned it once or twice! Bangkok was our first stopping point so I thought I would share my thoughts in a 'Things to do' stylee. This is obviously just my opinion and I know there are lots of other things to do too but this is what I loved most about it.

1. Take a water taxi. 
Bangkok is built around a river which means one of the easiest ways to get around is by water taxi. Now I bloody love boats so I was always going to enjoy these. The majority of the ones we got were slightly bigger boats and were quite smooth and chilled. One morning we hopped on a smaller one and it was literally like being on a theme park ride minus the reassurance that it was tried and tested and safe. I found it was easier never to think about the health and safety of Bangkok.....it's simpler that way. Still really fun though and a great way to see and explore the city. I would also add a ride in a tuk tuk to this, equally fun and terrifying!

2. Cabbages and Condoms.  One of Steven's friend's lives in Bangkok and was full of great recommendations. One of these was Cabbages and Condoms. It's a restaurant which I agree is questionably named. I didn't know what to expect but it was surprisingly traditional and just happened to be decorated with condoms. There was a Santa model.....made of condoms!! The food was incredible though, possibly one of the best meals I've ever had in my life! I had the most amazing cream of mushroom soup which was made with coconut milk and had just the right amount of chili. the whole experience was amazing and really reasonably priced.

3.Street food. Before I went to Bangkok I had heard people say that some of the best food available was street food. I'm sure they're are plenty of dodgey ones but the street food we tried was amazing. I just had vegetable spring rolls as a lot of it was meat and fish but Steven had some other things which he loved as well. They also have lots and lots of fresh fruit and fruit drinks. It's all very cheap as well so if you were a traveler on a budget you could live off this stuff!

4. Cabaret.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks of lady boys when they think of Bangkok. I'm sure that's not the p.c. term and I'm very sorry if that's at all offensive but going to a cabaret show featuring these ladies should definitely on your list of things to do in Bangkok. I wasn't sure what to expect but I love a good show so knew that I definitely wanted to experience one. It was the most random thing I've ever seen, there are no words to describe it to you properly but if you're in the area then do it! 

5.Visit a temple.  This is something very traditional and slightly more cultural than some of the other things I've suggested. We visited the Wat Poh temple which is home to the Reclining Buddah. This was honestly such a beautiful place and even though it was quite busy with tourists, like me, it still felt very peaceful. It's best to try and cover up when you go to be respectful but they do offer you robes if they feel your not covered enough. I'm sure other temples would be amazing to see too but we only had the chance to see one. 

As I said earlier this is just my opinion and the things that I really enjoyed during my time in Bangkok. Bangkok really exceeded my expectations and it's somewhere I'd love to spend more time exploring at some point. 





No comments:

Post a Comment