{Pages}

About Me     fashion     beauty     lifestyle

1 May 2015

Fitness Friday: I can run!!

from befitmonaco.com
 
 

Hello!!
 
At the time of writing this the last thing I feel is fit, I'm slowly turning into a phlegmy grog monster and I'm feeling quite sorry for myself. I don't handle illness well. Before the grog hit, believe it or not, I had started to run and as it turns out, I don't hate it. About a year ago I decided to give it a go but after about 10 throat burning, blood tasting seconds I quickly gave up and decided that running wasn't for me. However with Total Warrior moving ever closer I needed to try again. One of my friends has done quite a lot of running before so one morning I went along with her and really surprised myself. She showed me how to pace myself and I managed to do a 3 mile run, we even threw in a little sprint at the end. I really couldn't believe that I'd managed it. Since then I've managed to do a few more runs, if I'm honest they've had mixed results. The weather has been all over the places recently and I've found it much harder in the sun but it's all a learning curve and I'm pleased with how I'm doing so far.
 
I need to double my distance before Total Warrior so I'm currently searching for a good app to help me track my progress. I need something to plan my routes too, I have absolutely no sense of direction and would definitely get lost trying to venture 10km on my own. Life's a challenge when you don't know when your going.
 
This week's slowed me down a little bit so I'm hoping I feel better very soon so I can get back on track. I'm hoping that a few runs a week along with some strength training in the gym will leave me total warior ready in no time......I live in hope!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment