{Pages}

About Me     fashion     beauty     lifestyle

19 Dec 2015

Crazy cat lady paradise









On one of my first days in Melbourne I was told there was a cat cafe. This is what told me Melbourne was going to be one of my favourite places. I've recently learn that lots of cities have cat cafes but I've never ad the chance to go to one before and since leaving my own fluffy babies at home I couldn't wait to go and have a cat cuddle.

The Melbourne Cat Cafe is home to 14 lovely cats who have all been re-homed from shelters. They are all based in the cafe permanently now so they don't have to be re-homed again which is great news. The Cafe is basically in a converted house so you just feel like your sitting in a living room. The cats have the run of place with loads of rooms to explore and cat beds and climbing frames in every room. They also have a separate room that visitors aren't allowed in where the cats eat and can get away from every one if they chose to. I think I managed to see all 14 of the cats during my time there and they all seemed very happy and very sleepy. 

The Cafe does serve some food and drinks but it's definitely more about chilling with the cats than the dining experience. There is an entry fee which is common in most cat cafes, this goes towards food and maintenance of the cats which I certainly didn't mind paying.

If you live in or near a big city I would definitely give it a google and see if you have a cat cafe near you. I had such a lovely time and think I'll definitely go back before we leave. It definitely still miss my own little cats a lot but it helped fill the void for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment