{Pages}

About Me     fashion     beauty     lifestyle

19 Feb 2015

Seeing red


Hello!
 
Any one who knows me knows that I love my lipstick and see no problem with rocking a red lip to every occasion, day or night. I think a lot of people shy away from reds and I understand it can look quite full on but I just love the look and think it makes you look like you've made an effort when you really haven't. Today I thought I'd give you the low down on all the reds so it doesn't seem so scary any more.
 

The ones for beginners

If your just starting to dip your toes into the red lipstick sea then it's best to start with something a little more sheer. For me the easiest way to do this is with a gloss or tinted lip balm. I personally like the Tanya Burr lip gloss in Vampire kiss as it goes on quite sheer to start with but can be built up to a stronger colour. The Revlon lip butters are a huge favourite of mine in general and the colour candy apple is a lovely shade of red. This is a hybrid between a tinted lip balm and a lipstick and I absolutely love it. Again, can be quite sheer but can be built up to a deeper red.


The ones for precision
 
Lipsticks that you can shove on, on the go, without a mirror are great but sadly they don't often come in reds so anything that helps with precision is great. Using a lip liner like the Rimmel exaggerate in Red Diva is great for lining the lips and then its just a case of filling in the gaps. Lipstick crayons are brilliant too, I love the Maybelline colour drama in light it up for this. It's a lovely consistency and colour and is so easy to apply because of the shape.
 

The ones that won't budge

There is nothing worse than putting your red lippy on in the morning and then looking in the mirror later to find it smudged on random parts of your face (I'm talking nose, cheeks the lot!) You definitely want something long lasting. I love the Rimmel Apocalypse in the colour Big Bang for this. Be warned, this is a full on bright red, but the doe foot applicator means its really easy to apply and once it's set it will not move! The Mac lipstick in Ruby Woo is another that likes to stick around. Both of these can be a little bit drying so I would recommend popping a little bit of lip balm underneath first.


The bold ones

If your feeling brave then you have to go bold! For me this is going for something a little bit different on the colour spectrum. I love the Revlon super lustrous lipstick in the colour fire and ice as it's a gorgeous bright red with a really warm orangey undertone. It is full on but looks really nice on the lips. I also love the Revlon lasting finish by Kate lipstick in 01 as it's a little bit darker and more vampy. This is great for a night out as it's really sophisticated and glamorous.

 
So there we are. I hope you enjoyed this post. As you can see from the amount of red lipsticks I own that I really do love them. I hope this helped some of you out, I hope to see a lot more red lipstick going out and about from now on!


No comments:

Post a Comment