{Pages}

About Me     fashion     beauty     lifestyle

20 May 2014

Top 5 foundations




Hello!!!

Next in the series today is my top 5 foundations. I've tried to keep it mostly high street/drugstore but their is a cheeky high end mention in there too. Hope you all enjoy!






5. So first today we have the Rimmel perfect match foundation. This is quite a new purchase for me but I've worn it every day since getting it and have really been enjoying it. It's a very liquidey formula which I'm not always great with but I've found this one easy to work with. It blends easily into the skin and is pretty undetectable as it isn't overly duey or matte.






 
4. Nest is the Loreal lumi magique foundation. This one is very light weight and makes the skin look very luminous and dewey. I would say it has a medium coverage but could be built up nicely without looking cakey on the skin. It doesn't have an SPF so it's ideal if you know your gonna be having pictures taken as you shouldn't get any flash back!
 
 
 
 




3.Next is the Bourjois healthy mix serum. This one holds a special place in my heart as I first tried it when I was in Paris for my 21st. The serum formula means it glides onto the skin and blends perfectly, I normally just use my fingers to do this and find that this works best for me. It has a faint fruity scent which I know isn't for everyone but I don't find it offensive and it hasn't ever broken me out.






 
2. Next is the YSL le teint touche eclat. I have to say that this one is very similar to the loreal lumi magique as the companies are owned by the same people this happens quite often with products. Obviously the YSL version is pricier but I do prefer it. It has a slightly better coverage and whilst it is still glowey I would say it is more of a "lit from within" type of glow. I do find that I get compliments on my skin when I wear this one and that's always nice!






1. Today's big winner is the Rimmel wake me up foundation. This is definitely my most re-purchased item of all time and I absolutely love it. I know this has been raved about for a long time but it's easy to see why. It has excellent coverage without feeling too heavy, blends really well and is dewey without looking too shimmery. I know someone people have complained about this having obvious glitter in it but I van honestly say I have never found this. I like to apply this using the real techniques buffing brush so that its really worked into the skin and find that it lasts really well on the skin after this. I really can't recommend this enough, especially for Spring/Summer. Give it a go!!

Ok so that's foundations covered. I hope you enjoyed this one. I only have a couple of posts left for this little series so let me know how you've found it and if I should think about doing something similar in the future. Thanks for reading.

Robyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment