{Pages}

About Me     fashion     beauty     lifestyle

1 May 2014

Top 5 high street (drug store) lipsticks

Hello!!

Today I thought I would start a little mini series. I'm going to run through all my top 5s, mostly in the beauty realms but I might throw in a couple of random ones too.  First up is high street/drugstore lipsticks. I'm a big lipstick fan and most of my favourites are from the high street so this was a fun one for me to do. Lets get started!

 
 
5. First is the Rimmel lasting finish by Kate Moss in the colour 01. I've mentioned this one before in a haul which you can read here. I really love this one, I tend to wear it more for nights out than through the day as it is quite full on but some one braver than me could wear it any time. The formula's nice and creamy and it seems to last pretty well too. It's also very blue-toned which is always good for making teeth look whiter! Like most Rimmel lipsticks, it does have quite a strong perfumey smell which I'm not really a fan of but I can't say I ever notice it when it's on. I'd definitely give this one a go if your after a real vampy red.  
 
 
4. Next in line is the 17 mirror shine in Beehive. I've been a big fan of this one for years and apart from the new packaging, which I'm not crazy about, it's never gone wrong. It's the creamiest formula I've ever come across which makes it feel more like a lip balm than a lip stick. It's very sheer which is the only way I seem to be able to wear nudes, this also means you can just about get away without using a mirror, very handy if your in a rush!
 


 
3. Next is the Revlon super lustrous matte lipstick in smoked peach. This is another that I've loved for years and have re-purchased time and time again. It's a nude/orange colour which looks really nice on the lips. I've found this one looks nicest if I've got a bit of a tan so people with darker skin tones would really suit it. I always make sure to exfoliate my lips before using this one because it can cling to the dry skin a little bit. I would definitely recommend having a look at this line from Revlon because they have a lot of really lovely shades.  
 
 

2. Next up is the Topshop lipstick in the colour Innocent. I've mentioned this in a post before which you can read here. This is a lovely dusty pink shade. I've been wearing this most days since I got this and absolutely love it. The formula's very similar to the Mac lipsticks but for a fraction of the price (so you can afford to try more of the collection!!)


 1. So my number 1 is a little bit sneaky as technically it's a lip butter rather than a lipstick. This is the Revlon lip butter in the colour Candy apple. After seeing endless raves of the Revlon lip butter's from state side beauty bloggers I couldn't have been more excited for them to finally come over to the UK. Needless to say, I purchased quite a few from the collection when they arrived and loved every single one of them but I have probably worn this one the most. You can easily wear this red day or night as it's sheer formula means you can have a light wash of colour or really build it up for a more dramatic look. I'm a big fan of both. This is another which you can do without a mirror ( I don't know why I think this is such a big selling point ha!) I would urge everyone to try this, I couldn't be a bigger fan!

OK, so that's my little line up of lipstick faves, I hope you enjoyed! My next few posts will be more top 5s which I hope you'll enjoy too. That's all for now.

Robyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment