{Pages}

About Me     fashion     beauty     lifestyle

20 Dec 2016

12 days of Christmas day 7: Vegan Christmas Biscuits







"On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me...Seven swans a swimming" 
I love to bake year round but especially in the festive season because I feel like eating your body weight in cake is acceptable at this time of year. I wanted to create some vegan Christmas biscuits to nibble on throughout December. I use a Betty Crocker recipe as inspiration and tweaked it slightly. 
Ingredients: 
- 2 1/2 cups of plain flour
-1 cup of vegan butter
-1/4 cup of almond milk
-1 1/2 cups of caster sugar
-1 cap of orange essence
-icing and sprinkles to decorate (or anything you like) 
Directions: 
-pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
-cover two baking trays with baking parchment
-cream sugar and vegan butter in a bowl
-alternate adding flour and almond milk a little at a time, mixing as you go
-add a little orange essence and mix (you could use peppermint if you prefer)
-sprinkle flour on to surface and roll out dough
-use Christmas cutters to create biscuits and pop them on the baking trays making sure to leave space between them
-bake for 10-15 minutes making sure to check on them
-leave to cool on a wire wrack for 10 minutes 
-ice and decorate in any festive way you like 
I can confirm that these are delicious and I haven't stopped eating them since I last made them! Let me know if you give these a go, I suggest you do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment