{Pages}

About Me     fashion     beauty     lifestyle

18 Dec 2016

Twelve days of Christmas day 5: Vegan rocky road



"On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me.....five gold rings"
I have another festive treat for you today. This one is definitely inspired by Steven's mum, Hilary, who always makes the most amazing rocky road at Christmas. As we're on the other side of the world this year I have had a go at recreating it, only I've made it vegan. 
Ingredients: 
-300g of vegan chocolate (I used Sweet William)
-1 loaded tbs of vegan butter
-a good blob of golden syrup (precise I know)
-100g of marshmallows
-75g of glace cherries
-75g of pistachios 

Instructions:
-line a small but deep baking tray with baking parchment
-melt chocolate in a bowl with the vegan butter and golden syrup
-add cherries, marshmallows and pistachios and mix until everything is coated in the chocolate
-pour into the baking tray and pat the mixture down so that it's even.
-refrigerate for a couple of hours so that it sets
-slice into pieces and sprinkle on some icing sugar or any other decorations you like 

I was really pleased with how these turned out and was surprised how easy and quick they were to make. I have actually popped these in the freezer ready for Christmas but made sure to try one first and they are delicious. I can't wait to share them with every body on Christmas day. Let me know if you try these out at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment