{Pages}

About Me     fashion     beauty     lifestyle

22 Dec 2016

Twelve days of Christmas day 9: Festive nails



"On the ninth day of Christmas my true live gave to me....nine ladies dancing"
I decided to have a go at some Christmassy nails for today's post. I know most people reach for the reds and golds at Christmas time but I decided to go for something a little bit different and have actually come up with some thing a little bit more Frozen inspired. 
Disclaimer: As far as I know everything used is vegan but please let me know if I'm wrong.
How to:
-I used a clear polish from Topshop as a base coat
-I painted both hands with two thin coats of Topshop nails in a pale blue (the names rubbed off my bottle and I can't find the dame, sorry!) and left to dry
-I then used the pritti princess polish in Aladdin's diamonds to create a gradient from my cuticle to the tip of my nail. I found it easiest to place a blob by the cuticle, wipe the brush clean and then drag down lightly.
-Once this has dried, repeat.
-Apply a second coat of the clear polish all over the nail to even everything out and protect the polish. 

This is a really simple design that I think looks really effective. you could definitely try this with lots of different colour combinations too. Let me know if you try these out.

No comments:

Post a Comment