{Pages}

About Me     fashion     beauty     lifestyle

27 Mar 2014

West Side Story and day out in Edinburgh


 
A week ago my mum, boyfriend's mum and I went on a little trip to Edinburgh to see West Side Story. I'm a huge fan of musicals and have wanted to see West Side Story since I was in my school's version years ago. We had tickets for the matinee performance so, of course, we decided to make a day of it and shopped and had lunch before the show.




Edinburgh is one of my favourite cities, it's incredibly pretty and I find the people really friendly. Princess street is especially good for shopping and I did get a one or two things while I was there. We stopped off for lunch at Bella Italia, one of my favourite chain restaurants. I was well and truly stuffed when I left! 
 



 
West Side Story itself did not disappoint!! The cast were all amazingly talented and the singing and dancing was amazing. I wasn't really familiar with any of the cast apart from Katie Hall who played Maria. She was on the BBC programme I'd do anything a few years ago and has only got better since then.
 
The show was on at the Edinburgh play house where I've seen shows before but this was the first time I'd seen so much detail put into the whole theatre for a show. The fake graffiti on the side of the building and the lyrics from "I feel pretty" on the bathroom mirror were my favourites.
 
So, a little bit of a different one today but going to the theatre is one of my favourite things so I thought I'd share it with you. I think West Side Story will be in Edinburgh for a while and then touring round the rest of the country so, if you get the chance, I would definitely recommend it!
 
Robyn xx




No comments:

Post a Comment