{Pages}

About Me     fashion     beauty     lifestyle

5 Nov 2014

Autumn Palettes

 
Hello!!
 
This time of year the department stores start to fill up with beautiful high end Autumn/Winter palettes with shades so beautiful I could weep! Sadly, the prices bring a tear to my eye too, which leaves me and many other people popping them on our Christmas list in the hopes that Santa will fill our stockings with them but just in case our hints get ignored, I decided to have a little look at what the high street had to offer and I must say I've been more than impressed with what I found.
 
 
First up is the MUA undressed palette. This is only £4, for 12 beautiful shades, what a bargain!! With a lovely range of matte and shimmer bronze shades and a couple of darker grey shades you could really create some lovely Autumnal looks with this palette. I've always found MUA to be brilliant quality with excellent colour pay off. I definitely think this one is worth picking up if your after something new for this season.
 
 
This is the Bourjois smoky stories palette in the shade rock this khaki. I think palettes like this make it so easy to create a look as all the shades compliment each other perfectly. I don't normally wear green eyeshadow but I really liked the look of these and thought I'd step out of my comfort zone a bit. I think it would be nice for creating an  Autumnal twist on a smokey eye. This one was £7.99 which I don't think is too bad at all.
 
 
Next is the Rimmel glam eyes palette in Brixton brown. I'm really excited about this one as I know it's been compared to the Charlotte Tilburry Dolce Vita palette several times and at £6.99 is obviously a fraction of the price. Similar to the Bourjois palette this is nice and easy for creating a full look. I don't know how often I'll be using the rusty colour but think this adds something a little bit different for getting into the festive season so I'm excited to see what I can come up with.
 
 
Last up today is the L'oreal la palette nude in Rose. This is a new release and what I would describe as L'oreal's take on the Naked palette. This is the most expensive of the bunch but at £14.99 is still massively cheaper than most of the high end palettes that are on the go. This has a mixture of shimmer and matte shades and a bigger variety of shades than the naked palette does. I'm especially intrigued by the berry shade at the end as I think this will be something a little different without being too crazy. I think this is rather beautiful and think it makes a good replacement for the naked palette if you don't fancy paying as much.
 
So there's my little round up pf high street palettes. Of course we can all still secretly hope for some Tom Ford or Charlotte Tilburry treasures under our Christmas trees this year but if you aren't lucky enough then definitely check some of these out because I really do think they are just as good.
 
Hope you enjoyed today's post. I'm going to try and upload more regularly so watch this space!!
 
Robyn  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment