{Pages}

About Me     fashion     beauty     lifestyle

23 Dec 2014

Yummy Festive Treats

 
Hello!! I've got something a little bit different for you today. Festive treats! These are all really quick and easy and will be great for last minute gift ideas or for party food.
 


First up are these cute snowmen. I made these last year for my brother and sister and decided to make them again this year as I think they look great and are so easy to make.
 
-Take a skewer and add 4 marshmallows (I found vegetarian ones on amazon by Freedom)
-Melt some white chocolate in a bowl and cover the marshmallows, I like to let it set and then repeat this so it's nice and even
-Once they've set for a second time you can decorate them, I used strawberry laces for the scarves and sparkly icing for the face and buttons
-Bish Bash Bosh, snowman on a stick!




 
 Next are these little reindeer. Again these are really cute and very easy (even though they don't look much like reindeer, meh)
 

 -Take a skewer and add a marshmallow (the ones I used were very small so I used 2 instead)
-melt some milk chocolate and cover the marshmallow
-before the chocolate has completely set add a pretzel to one side and a Smartie to the other
-Use some icing to draw on eyes and taa daa one little reindeer face!
 
 
 

The last idea are these festive rice crispy treats.They are Christmas tree wannabees as it turns out it's quite difficult to use the cutter once it's set. I've decided these could also be Halloween snacks if you took out the smarties. Don't be put off by the colour, they are yummy!
 
-Melt around 200g of marshmallows in a pan with some butter
-stir stir stir you don't want it to burn
add some rice crispies, I'm not sure how much I ended up using but I find the best was is to keep adding a little and stirring until your happy with the consistency.
-add some green food colouring and smarties and mix it all in
-pour the mixture onto a baking tray and flatten. Then pop in the fridge and leave to set, I added some silver stars on top for a bit of sparkle.

 
 


I hope you enjoyed today's post. I did go a little bit marshmallow crazy since I discovered the ones from Freedom. They are seriously yummy and completely vegan! I'm really happy with how these all turned out so let me know what you think and if you try and for yourselves. I can't wait to start munching my way through this lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment